On our field trip I found many interesting Fruits, Vegetables, and Spices. But three that I found interesting in particular was the Lotus Root, the Winged Bean, and the Bitter Gourd. I found theses interesting for many reasons. Their color, texture, smell, and shape. The Lotus Root was really cool because it had these strange holes in the lotus root when you opened it up. I was fascinated because I did not know how did these holes come to be inside it if there were no holes on the outside. The Winged Bean looked brittle but when you touched it the edges that looked so fragile. Actually it was surprisingly hard. Almost like it was dried instead of fresh. The Bitter Gourd had a rough green outer shell that looked like a bumpy, dried cucumber. There were many fascinating things there that really were the most peculiar things.
There was so much diversity in that one place it is really outstanding. How it all got there I am not certain but I think it has something to do with the fact that most of what Singapore has is imported. Because most of what was there would not be recognized in North or South America. However most of them can be traced back to Indonesia, Thailand, The Philippines and other countries in Asia. So thats probably why Singapore has so much diversity in their Fruits, Vegetables, and Spices. Because they import from other countries close to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment