1. What have you learned so far?
From this project I have learned more about my family on my fathers side. Every year when we go back to the states we go back to Georgia to see my family on my mothers side. So we don't get to see my family on my fathers side very often and I know very little about them. All I knew before now was that my father's father married three times, twice divorced, my father had a brother who died at the age of thirteen, and my grandma lives in New York. Since this project I have been able to trace down several cousins and uncles that I did not know I had before this project. It was exciting to learn about life for my fathers side of the family.
2. What has been difficult for you as you complete this project?
What has been difficult for me throughout this project is finding my family history. My mother is adopted so I had to use my fathers side. This made things difficult because my father and grandma do not know much about our family's background. My newly discovered second uncle was able to provide some information saying that my family on my father's mothers side is English American. So far the only ethnicity I can trace myself back to is English American so that is what I am using for this project.
3. What do you hope to learn by Oct. 9?
I hope to learn more about my ethnicity. Since my family on my fathers side are all in New York I am surprised that I am English American and not something else. Since New York is the most ethnically diverse of the thirteen colonies I would like to find out if I am perhaps Dutch, German, Norwegian, or Irish.
Link to project: My Multicultural America Project
No comments:
Post a Comment