Monday, 22 September 2014

Science Reflection


Science Reflection
In the beginning of science I was not confident in measuring/calculating the density or volume of a substance. I had never even heard of the metric system or the water displacement method. However after five weeks of science I can confidently measure density and volume, state the primary metric system, and use the water displacement system. 
An obstacle I had to endure was that I missed four days of school in the past few weeks that we have been in school. Overall I think that, thanks to the wonderful blog Mr. Wilcox set up, I caught up pretty well. The blog made it clear and easy to see what we did in class, not to mention it was a great study guide when the big test came around. I also love doing the science journal for it made complex concepts clear and explained them to me in a way that I could understand.
One of my favorite classes was when we did the gummy bear experiment. I loved coming together as a class and getting to do a cool experiment that taught us to be careful with chemicals and equipment in the lab. Instead of just a boring speech saying don't touch that.
These few weeks of science have been not only educational but fun. I have learned a lot and benefited from that greatly. Thanks to Mr. Wilcox and all his hard work planning our lessons I throughly enjoyed this unit! I cant wait to start our next unit!





No comments:

Post a Comment