Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Jamie Oliver on Nutrition



Takeaways: Three takeaways from this video that shocked, surprised, and made me think differently about our diet were the milk they were giving kids, that kids can't recognise basic vegetables, and how sugar is in everything. What shocked me was how the state was giving kids milk every morning that contained eight grams of sugar. Thats like giving them a third of their daily intake of sugar twice a day. I thought the state knew better than to serve them flavoured milk enriched with chemicals. It really sheds a light on how if we don't educate the next generation, there will not be another generation in a little while. I sort of knew about nutrition when I was in the states so I thought they were just making a big deal out of this for nothing. After seeing the kids not able to name even basic vegetables because society has painted them in artificial stereotypes, making each vegetable a copy of each other through chemicals. I knew that our next generation is in deep trouble. Something that made me think differently was how sugar is in everything. This reminded me that you can't just eat your normal diet of healthy food then eat your daily intake of sugar in soda. Because everything has sugar fruit, some vegetables, etc. though that sugar may be healthier its still sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment