Dear Christmas song singer/writer punk person,
You have ruined my Christmas decorating. I was singing happily away to "Baby its cold outside" when I heard "Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer" coming on. Happily dancing around the tree I climbed the ladder to put an ornament on the top. The slow melody played on when I was jolted and almost fell from the ladder. Punk rock singers were belting out, "rudolph the red nosed reindeer, ya! he had a shiny nose!". Stunned I regained my balance on the ladder, climbed down, turned off the music, and walked away. My Christmas spirit was gone. All because someone decided that the classics were not enough, Frank Loesser did not make cold enough, Johnny Marks did not make it rock enough, and Gene Autry made it to innocent. Please don't ruin my Christmas holiday with your carols popping up on itunes radio. I like the classics just fine you don't have to sing them louder or change them to punk rock. If you continue to keep trying to incorporate punk rock into my beautiful christmas tunes then you need to (at least!) list the side effects on the cd case or on itunes. "Warning listening to the following songs may cause severe injury such as broken bones or a heart attack. For best use don't be on a ladder while listening to these songs as it may kill you."
Merry Christmas,
Alyssa
I agree with you, this is because when you are celebrating a holiday. When you want a peaceful melody in the song, but when some ignorant punk music comes on, it just sounds terrible. I also liked the last sentence when you said, Warning listening to the following songs may cause severe injury such as broken bones or a heart attack. For best use don't be on a ladder while listening to these songs as it may kill you." It really brings a funny tone to the blog post.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing about this post that brought me in, is with all the references about Johnny Marks, Frank Loesser and Gene Autry. But one thing I can disagree with the post, is I don't know how punk music can ruin a person's Christmas spirit.
DeleteYour whole post was funny and I liked to read it. However, I disagree, music is still music, and everyone still likes a little jam, that should not be able to ruin your Christmas holiday, nor shall it break your bones or give us a heart attack. I'm sorry, but this should not ruin a Christmas Holiday.
ReplyDelete