Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Research Guppies

Guppies needs

Food: Algal remains, Diatoms, Invertebrates, Plant fragments, Mineral particles, Aquatic insect larvae.

Light: 10-16 hours of light a day

Temperature: 78-82

Space: 1" of fish per 1 gallon of water.

My table team and I will meet its need by taking the temperature of the tank everyday so that we can be sure its a good temperature. We will then make sure the fish have enough to eat and that their is not to much crowding in the tank. There probably wont be a problem with crowding but you can never be to careful.

I predict that the guppies will react to their mini-ecosystems by expressing a curiosity about it and exploring around it being very active. I predict this because guppies are known for inspecting everything from habitats to predators. I don't believe they will show any aggression to other species as they tend to be very gentle fish. I believe they may poke at the snails and tubifex worms but only until their inspection satisfies them. Otherwise I think our tank will work very nicely together.

As shown up on top their is a 1" of guppies per gallon of water.

Organism Name
Guppy
Scientific Name
Poecilia reticulata
Food Source
Algal remains, Diatoms, Invertebrates, Plant fragments, Mineral particles, Aquatic insect larvae.
Predator
Larger fish and birds.
Interesting facts about it
The way they find mates is through the bright color. Whoever has the brightest color gets picked first.
Sources of Information
Submitted by:
Alyssa A.

No comments:

Post a Comment