Thursday, 9 April 2015

History Alive Project Research

Planning Guide for your History Alive Project
 
Select your project type:

(Documentary iMovie, performance or museum display)

Project Details
1.     What is the topic and thesis for your project?
2.     How did you learn or become interested in your topic?
3.     How did you research your topic?
4.     Why did you select this category? Exhibit? Performance? Documentary?
5.     How does your topic fit our unit theme (Civil War to Civil Rights: Protest & Perseverance)
Topic: Discrimination against some of the young athletes in the Olympics and how we have worked, in the USA, to fight against it.

Thesis: Tom Daley is one of the youngest athletes to attend the 2012 Olympics, however, he continues to fight against discrimination because of his sexuality and has helped others to stay true to themselves.
Research:
Documentary: I did not choose an exhibit because I did not feel like I could fully complete one of them as Tom Daley is still alive. Doing an exhibit, for me, is like portraying someones past life. I feel like a documentary will be easier to keep all the information in order and convey it in a more interesting/engaging way than a presentation.
Topic fit?: My topic fits our unit theme of civil rights, protest, and perseverance. Tom Daley has faced discrimination against his partner choices. In the US many people are fighting for what they believe is right, they believe that since they have freedom they should have the freedom to marry who they will. However many were too afraid of what the public would think to come out, Tom Daley coming out helped others come out and stand for what they thought was right.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/gayrights.htm
Logistics of the Project:
1.     Where will notes/work be stored?
2.     How will resources used be tracked and separated into primary and secondary sources?
3.     How will time in class and outside of class be best utilized?

On a separate document i'm about to make. Made it.

I will use the trick Mr. Oskins showed us in S.S.. However if I do find a link or video elsewhere I will use Easybib to cite it. To separate the primary and the secondary I will have two columns to put the research and keep them separate.

Look on notes page. There you will see where I am storing my notes and the schedule for what I will be doing for the project. https://docs.google.com/a/sas.edu.sg/document/d/1mbRz4jiULj5S7wqlR7j1-P1NQLWVau0Lm08xJ-LAhuA/edit


No comments:

Post a Comment