Thursday, 23 April 2015

DECIDE Alcohol Model

DECIDE to be a Non-Drinker
8TH Grade Health



Name: Alyssa Austin                                       Block:  B            Teacher:  Mr. Cuthbert




          D
Define Drinking Consequences
Identify some negative consequences of drinking alcohol you want to avoid.  Explain why?

  • Brain damage
  • Cancer
  • Impaired motor skills
  • Death
  • Injury

          E
Explore Possible
Options
List 3 possible choices you could make to limit or prevent your exposure to these consequences.
  1. Don’t go partying at a house that you know has alcohol and is unsupervised.
  1. Drink moderate amounts when at the legal age/don’t binge drink/never try to drown your sorrows, you problems can be solved another way..

  1. Make smart choices when it comes to friends so that you can be influenced the right way.


          C
Consider Possible Outcomes

Provide 2 positive and 2 negative outcomes of the choices listed above.

Positive
  1. You are less likely to get in an alcohol related accident.
  1. You won’t experience any negative long term effects.

Negative
  1. You won’t be able to be friends with everybody.
  1. You may seem ‘not cool’ because you won’t play beer pong with your classmates from
school.


          I
Identify your Values

What do you value about your health? About your future?  
I value the fact that everyday I can get up and go about my life as normal, without any health
impairments. I’m thankful that I don’t have to take any medication, live in a wheelchair, or take an
inhaler with me everywhere. I value that through my smart choices, hopefully, I can continue to
further my health and fitness level by avoiding alcohol and drinking it in moderate amounts when
I am of legal age.


         D
Decide and Act in
agreement with your
Values
Provide an overview of how you could carry out a plan to not drink alcohol in high school.Identify a realistic goal that you would prepare you for high school and avoid/ignore the possible
pressures to be a drinker.

I plan to be smart about what choices I make, regarding what parties I go to and places I visit, and
what friends I let myself get close to. By doing this I can limit my amount of exposure to unstable
drinking and people who might influence me to drink.



         E
Evaluate Your
Plan

How will you know if your plan is successful?

I will know that my plan has been successful if my the age of 21 I have my first drink and when I’m a
grandparent I can tell my kids that I have never been in an alcohol related accident and I can still go
play outside with them because I am not suffering from terrible side effects overindulging in
alcohol can induce.

No comments:

Post a Comment