Sunday, 3 May 2015

Grade 8 Solo project



Q of M Solo Blog Reflections







  1. Compare and Contrast your rough draft video with your final video. How well  did you understand (concept and physical execution) each Quality of Movement on a scale of 0-4?  

Q of M
Rough Draft Video
Final Video
Swing
3
3
Sustain
2
3
Suspend
2
2
Percussive
3
4
Vibratory
4
4
Collapse
0
2

2.  Please list in order from 1-6, your most liked Quality (1) to your least liked Quality (6) as a dancer and an audience member. Do your answers differ?  Are they the same? Why?

Q of M
Dancer (1-6)
Audience (1-6)
Swing
3
5
Sustain
4
6
Suspend
1
4
Percussive
2
1
Vibratory
5
2
Collapse
6
3
Differ or Same (circle one)
Why?
For me as a dancer I liked the movements that felt right and I felt strong executing. However, when I’m the audience I like the one that looks bigger and gives it a more energized look. Like when you're on stage, you may think the way you are dancing looks right because it feels right, but sometimes the audience wants what looks cooler or has bigger emphasis on it. (Example my vibratory felt a little silly as a dancer but as an audience it looked better than it felt.)




3.  Why are the Q of M’s and Energy important to dance?
Its what makes the audience intrigued in the piece of choreography and gives the dance a level of complexity/intrigue. Without the Q of M’s and Energy the piece would be a bunch of weak/floppy movements. Not at all a strong piece of art and people sitting in the back row would not be able to see the movements at all.

4.  What happened when you added music to your Q of M phrase and focused on musicality? Did your movement order change?  Did the timing (speed) of the movement change? My movement didn’t change. In fact the music helped my movement make more sense as there is a huge beat where I do by percussive and then my vibratory which, without the music, kinda looked silly but then the music made it make perfect sense.




5.  What did you learn about yourself throughout this lesson (movement and choreography)? I used to think that if I was to choreograph a dance or a piece that I would use Hip-Hop and some upbeat music. But after just letting my movement flow and doing whatever I wanted, I realised that my style may be more Jazz oriented.





6.  Technology Use:  How comfortable/successful are you with these tasks below as of today?

TASK
Huh?
0
Sort Of
1
A Bit
2
With Help
3
On My Own
4
Using a device to video a dance work




x
Emailing a video to an email address




x
Uploading a video to YouTube


x


Posting videos to my blog




x
Posting written reflections to my blog




x
Placing work in Dance 8 Drop - TD




x

No comments:

Post a Comment